Position: Accounts & Finance Officer
Company/Organization: Campaign for Popular Education (CAMPE)
No. of Vacancies: 01
Job Description / Responsibility :
The jobholder will perform the following responsibilities in accordance with CAMPE policies, procedures and as per requirements of the project:
- Recording and posting the batches of all daily transactions in the books of accounts/accounting software.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly Financial Statements of the project, Advance against Program and Travels and income tax deductions, as required by the Management.
- Prepare monthly payroll sheet, make provisions on deferred benefits of staff in consultation with HR and Admin.
- Prepare budget variance report as per project’s approved budget line/ chart of accounts and analysis of Trial Balance generated from the software.
- Calculate and deduct VAT and Tax from the incoming invoices as per Govt. rule.
- Prepare cheque and collect signature as per approved bills/vouchers and maintain cheque register as and when required.
- Check appropriateness of transactions, their procedural accuracy and arithmetic accuracy of supporting documents prior to disburse any payment.
- Ensure all accounting source documents are accurately preserved and all financial activities/information are kept in a true and fair manner.
- Preserve undelivered cheques, counterfoil carefully for future audit and inform the authority about the pending cheques.
- Reconcile daily cash with Cash certificate and check bank balance with books of accounts at the end of the month and prepare bank reconciliation of the project.
- Dealing with banks as and when necessary.
- Ability to prepare FD-2, FD-3, FD-6, FC-1.
- Undertake field visits at Project Offices as and when required and assist Accounts Officers at Project Level.
- Perform responsibility as per his/her level to mainstream the gender aspects/ issues.
- Perform any other duty/responsibilities assigned by the authorities.
- At least Masters in Accounting/ Finance/ Management/ CA course completed
- No 3rd Class/ Division will be considered for the position.
Experience Requirements: 2 to 3 year(s)
The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Accounts, Finance/Accounts
The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Development Agency
Additional Job Requirements
- Age below or equal to 40 year(s);
- Age & Experience may be relaxed in case of suitable candidates;
- Good verbal and written communication skills both in English and Bangla;
- Excellent Computer skills (MS office, Spreadsheet, Accounting Software);
- Knowledge on financial policies and procedures;
- Good planning skills and ability to meeting deadlines;
- Female candidate with equal qualification and experience will be given preference.
Salary Range: 30000/-
But Negotiable in case of more experienced candidates
Other benefits may be admissible as per rules of the organization and project budget.
Job Level: Mid-Level Job.
Job Location: Dhaka
Special Instruction: Interested candidates are requested to send their application with detailed CV, attested copies of all academic & experience certificates and 2 copies of passport size photographs to The Advertiser at 5/14 Humayun Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207. Any lobbing/ persuasion in any manner will disqualify the candidature.
or Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30 September 2019
Campaign for Popular Education (CAMPE)
Address: 5/14 Humayun Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207
Business: CAMPE is a national coalition of nearly a thousand NGOs, teacher groups, researchers and human rights activists working for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) particularly SDG4 in Bangladesh.