The major objectives of CAMPE are to:
- Increase awareness of people of all classes about the importance of popular education in terms of literacy, democracy, human rights, gender, and environment.
- Establish and promote a nation-wide network and coalition of NGOs and civil society to achieve Education for All (EFA).
- Facilitate the process of achieving MDG.
- Advocate and lobby to enhance NGO participation in educational policy making and other national and international educational activities/ issues.
- Promote and support education programs focusing on early childhood care and development, formal and non-formal primary education, adolescent education, adult literacy, continuing education and inclusive education.
- Strengthen, supplement and complement the primary and mass education programs (both formal and non-formal) of government providing networking, liaison, coordination and facilitation services and technical assistance.
- Strengthen capacity of partner NGOs through providing technical assistance and other support services.